Everything EGGS! Breakfast, lunch, dinner, or a snack – you name it, eggs are a PERFECT and healthy choice! They are a good source of high-quality protein, vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats. One small egg has 54 calories, 5g of high-quality protein with all 9 essential amino acids. What a great superfood!
Are you one of those people that gets home from the grocery store and puts all the eggs in the egg caddy that comes with your fridge? Not only is it better for the eggs to remain in the carton, but eggs should be kept in the main body of the fridge to make sure that they keep a consistent and cool temperature. Here are three reasons to keep the eggs in the carton!
#1. The carton actually protects the eggs and prevents them from absorbing strong odours and flavours of other foods in your fridge.
#2. The best before date is always visible to guarantee your eggs are fresh for all your cooking needs.
#3. Eggs should always be stored with the large end up (the same way they are packaged in the carton). This is to make sure that yolk stays centered.
All you need is a pot, some water, and a dozen eggs. This is PERFECT for anytime of day – whether it's your mid-morning snack, your afternoon boost or part of your meal. It's quick and easy!
Place the eggs in the pot and cover with water. Put the pot over high heat and bring water to rolling boil. Turn off heat and let the eggs stay in the water for 12-15 minutes for hard boiled eggs. Drain the eggs and put the bowl in ice water. Peel and eat. The remaining eggs can be placed in the fridge for quick on-the-go snacks and can be kept up to 7 days.
Eggs can be incorporated in many ways including a delicious breakfast sandwich, salad, or a side for dinner.
A quick and easy option is a low-calorie breakfast sandwich.
- 1 large egg (72 calories)
- 1 slice of turkey bacon (30 calories)
- 1 low calorie english muffin (104 calories)
- 1 slice of tomato (4 calories)
- Salt and pepper
- Tobasco/hot sauce *optional*
- 1. Place the turkey bacon in a small skillet on medium heat or microwave according to packaged instructions.
- 2. When fully cooked, remove bacon and set aside.
- 3. In the same skillet, spray with non-stick cooking spray and add your egg with salt and pepper.
- 4. Cook your egg the way you like it!
- 5. Place your English muffin in the toaster.
- 6. Place egg and turkey bacon on bread with sliced tomato.
- 7. Optional: Add tabasco or hot sauce.
We can't wait to hear how you use eggs in your meals!! Don't forget to check out Wiz's Picks for more meal suggestions! Share in the comments below and let us know your thoughts!